Top Ten Tourist Attractions – Bucket List Publications

Number 10: Monteverde, Costa Rica

Monteverde, Costa Rica

Like 7 People Liked this
avataravataravataravataravataravataravatar

Written by

Traveling and adventure have encompassed my life; from white-water rafting, skydiving, paragliding, bungee jumping, rock climbing, biplane flying, dog sledding, base jumping, rappelling, and caving, I’ve tried every “bucketlist” item I could imagine. Rock climbing and a trapeze act were even part of my wedding day in Jamaica. I’ve been to 38 countries and I envision 100 more. Following my dreams of traveling and experiencing life to the fullest has taught me that the world is full of endless possibilities. With a Bachelor of Arts degree in Advanced English, a Bachelor of Education degree in Secondary Education, a Master's in Literacy, 8 years of teaching, and a vast imagination, I decided to put my writing and editing skills to the test. Bucket List Publications is the accumulation of all of my wildest dreams come true.

13 Comments to “Top Ten Tourist Attractions – Bucket List Publications”

1. Kat B. says:

Monteverde is definitely a bucket list item for me!

2. Jeri Murphy says:

I know *the* Grand Canyon is in Arizona. Is there another in Nevada?

3. Jeri Murphy says:

Blame it on jetlag! =)

4. Sian Midgley says:

That’s more like it :) A much more feasible top 10. I’m thrilled to say that for 7 years I worked about a two minute walk from the Globe Theatre in London so went there often to see plays – it was a true honour to be that close.

5. Denise says:

This is a much more inspiring top ten list!

6. Sas says:

I’m so happy that you have my personal top 2 on your list – Giant’s Causeway and the Grand Canyon. I was surprised the Grand Canyon wasn’t on the official top 10, maybe because the North and South rim are considered two seperate attractions and they don’t combine the figures?

7. Redpeffer says:

The Globe Theatre is amazing. Sadly, I’m old enough to remember it being built (not the original), this one! I even worked there for a summer-fantastic place.

8. Simon Ball says:

Good to see some places outside the USA getting a look in, I have visited five of these so far.

• Lesley says:

Which ones did you visit? :)

Do you have a top ten list of your own?

Lesley

• Simon Ball says:

Well in no particular order, the Pacific Coast Highway, the Grand Canyon, the Pyramids, rome and I even organised an event at the Globe for young Letter Writers.
        My own personal list would include Teotihuacan, Mexico, the Temple of Luxor in Egypt (although Egypt is hard there are so many great things to see), the passage tomb at New Grange in Ireland, the Treasury at Petra, Jordan, Uluru (Ayers Rock) at sunset in Australia, the seabird colony at Bass Rock Scotland, Avebury Stone Circle, England, helicoptor trip through New York’s skyscrapers, helicoptor trip through the Grand Canyon and Krakow, Poland’s annual Dachshund parade, I know the last one sounds a bit mad but it has to seen to be believed

9. Radim says:

Interesting selection. However, five of those sights are unknown to me :) . Never heard about Georgia aquarium or San Diego Zoo, and in London, I was attracted much more but other sights (and the city live in general) :) .

I also tried to write down my top ten list but found it impossible to make any. I am wondering how did you make it? :) . I ended with four top ten lists (natural sights visited, cultural sights visited, natural sights wish to visit and cultural sights wish to visit) and couldn’t make the final cut :) .

10. Margo says:

Sigh… I wish my father had made *his* top 10 list before he passed. He was an international air freight pilot with a real sense of adventure.

He’d been on every continent in the world, and had circled the world 8 times. He’d been to every country and not only had seen every major international airport (and many that weren’t) but actually met the people who lived there. Complete strangers would invite him to their homes for dinner and introduce him to their wives and children. He survived a major race riot in Java, had a grand old time at Smuggler’s Bay in Australia, spent time in jail in South Africa (his boss did not grease the right palms at the airport and there was a coup going on at the time), rescued an ambassador at in Merita Airport in Japan, and flew the last plane out of Kualoon before it was destroyed by the Chinese government. Just after the Iron Curtain fell, he gave a California orange to a Russian woman, and she cried, never having seen such a beautiful fruit. To this day I wish I had all of his stories.

Your blog gives me a kind of nostalgia for the stories he used to tell. Unfortunately, I am not in a position to travel as I would love to do. Thanks for keeping the dream alive!