Top 5 Adventures in Fiji

3. Go Dirty Buggy Tours

Go Dirty Buggy Tours took us into the interior of the Sabeto valley, across rivers, mud pools, and endless mounds of dirt. Our 1100cc mean machines brought out the rally car driver in us all as we smashed through water holes, cane fields, and winding dirt tracks.

Even when we stalled, Matt, from Expert Vagabond, and I had a blast pretending to be making turns and ripping through the dirt.

Go Dirty

I defined “dirty”! It was every kid’s dream.

Go Dirty

Go DirtyGoDirty

The dirt was so caked all over us in the end that the tour operator decided to drive us back to the resort in the buggies rather than putting us in their van.

Written by

Traveling and adventure have encompassed my life; from white-water rafting, skydiving, paragliding, bungee jumping, rock climbing, biplane flying, dog sledding, base jumping, rappelling, and caving, I’ve tried every “bucketlist” item I could imagine. Rock climbing and a trapeze act were even part of my wedding day in Jamaica. I’ve been to 38 countries and I envision 100 more. Following my dreams of traveling and experiencing life to the fullest has taught me that the world is full of endless possibilities. With a Bachelor of Arts degree in Advanced English, a Bachelor of Education degree in Secondary Education, a Master's in Literacy, 8 years of teaching, and a vast imagination, I decided to put my writing and editing skills to the test. Bucket List Publications is the accumulation of all of my wildest dreams come true.

21 Comments to “Top 5 Adventures in Fiji”

1. Tanveer Rauf says:

Its beautiful and awesome experiences. One would love to go there and experience all that, but——–its a dream for me to materialize :(
    however dreams are beautiful as they give some satisfaction too:)

2. Pretending? Stalling out? I’m sure I have no idea what you’re talking about… :)

• Lesley says:

You should be an actor because your pictures/expressions would totally win you an Academy Award ;)

I can’t wait to see your shark photos.

Happy birthday!

3. Deb W. Trotter says:

You and your adventures in Fiji are amazing!

4. Sam says:

Now this is one post that is sure going to make me green with envy! Darn! This is so amaaaazzzzzinnnngg!! :)
    Skydiving, Zip lining, Rafting, Surfing, Dirt tracking! Whoa! Ur pics make me feel like flying to Fiji right away!
    Chase ur dreams further! Bon Voyage!

5. kristi says:

On my adventure list is surfing, ziplining and white water rafting. Well…maybe ice climbing.

6. Roshell says:

Amazing! I’d like to experience all of them.

7. The buggy ride looks like a lot of fun and I’ve never been before. I’ve been skydiving, zip lining, and white water rafting before.

8. Kevin says:

I think white water rafting be my most desirable activity from this list. I’m assuming Fiji has at least a decent climbing and mountain biking playground, so how come it not on the list?!?!?!?!?! Ha!

9. Nancy Ward says:

I would choose Fiji first and than whitewater rafting!

10. M.G. Edwards says:

Excellent article, Lesley! Love the photos. Fuji just moved higher up my bucket list!

11. Denise says:

Wow, thanks for a virtual escape! Looks great – and I feel the emotion with your pictures. I’d do the dirty buggy!

12. Cristina says:

Great adventure! Wonderful photos! Merry Christmas!

13. Fiji looks like an amazing adventure destination. I’ve always wanted to try to surf and this would be the ideal place to give it a try! #BluaFijiAirways

14. Lauren says:

Wow! Skydiving definitely sounds like the ultimate adventure, but if I make it to Fiji the one item on my must-do list will be surfing. Though I’d rather take a page from your book and try all 5 :) #BulaFijiAirways

15. Kim Johnson says:

Figi has always been on my bucket list!! #BulaFijiAirways

16. Lesley,
    Thank you for liking my blog post! It definitely made my day :) The whitewater rafting looks spectacular. It’s like you fell into a fairytale. :)
    #BulaFijiAirways