Faces of Fiji

Atu in Fiji  When we arrived in Fiji, we were greeted by our tour guide, Atu Vuniyayawa. Atu made our trip easy, stress-free. He made the transportation and activities arrangements and taught us about Fiji’s history in a relaxed way that left us asking for more. His first-hand knowledge of the people, culture, and environment provided us with an inside look into the heart of Fiji. He was up for anything, matching my enthusiasm and go-go personality. Even when climbing mountains and carrying extra gear, he still had a smile on his face. He wanted to show us the best experience possible and he excelled in every respect.

Written by

Traveling and adventure have encompassed my life; from white-water rafting, skydiving, paragliding, bungee jumping, rock climbing, biplane flying, dog sledding, base jumping, rappelling, and caving, I’ve tried every “bucketlist” item I could imagine. Rock climbing and a trapeze act were even part of my wedding day in Jamaica. I’ve been to 38 countries and I envision 100 more. Following my dreams of traveling and experiencing life to the fullest has taught me that the world is full of endless possibilities. With a Bachelor of Arts degree in Advanced English, a Bachelor of Education degree in Secondary Education, a Master's in Literacy, 8 years of teaching, and a vast imagination, I decided to put my writing and editing skills to the test. Bucket List Publications is the accumulation of all of my wildest dreams come true.

25 Comments to “Faces of Fiji”

1. Xio says:

Nice! I would imagine Fiji is a great place for interesting photography.

2. Lisa says:

What a great post! I could have kept on reading more about your new home and family in Fiji. Makes me want to plan a trip right now.

3. Karla says:

What a fabulous trip!

The warmth & joy of those persons you met is almost palpable!

One of the best things about traveling is the amazing people you met, they make you a better person!

Love the photo of you skydiving! Wow, it must be quite an experience seeing the island and ocean from up there ;)

4. Xio says:

Just took a look at the photos. They’re all really nice, but I especially liked that first one of you parachuting and the one of the blue fish on the second page. It’s a very rich color palette there. It would be hard to take a “bad” photo.

5. Heather says:

Having visited Fiji myself many years ago it warms my heart to know the people are still just as happy and friendly. Their willingness to share from their hearts is something that has made me smile all these years whenever I think of Fiji. Thank you for sharing. If we could all take a page from the Fijians what a better world it would be!

6. Thank you for sharing your travels, enthusiasm and delight with us. and Thank you for being a kind supporter of my blog too! :~)

7. Meredith says:

Aren’t Fijian’s THE nicest people, I’ll have to send my favorite photo from there, no such thing as a bad picture from that place!

8. Oscar says:

Thanks for sharing what island life gives the local folks. Sorry to be away so long. After our South Africa trip, we came right back into the holiday season and family visits. Now back to winter garden prep while the ground is frozen in the Appalachian Mountains.
    Oscar

9. ruth says:

wonderful blog and great photos. :)

10. chi says:

Very beautiful place.

11. Jessica says:

I love your website! Fiji looks beautiful. I someday wish to visit myself.

12. Regina says:

Thank you for stopping by my blog and liking the post. You seem to be living the dreams of many people, including me. The write-ups and pictures are great. So happy that you can do all this. Stay safe out there.

13. Awesome, Fiji looks amazing! The Fijian people are so sweet and very tourist oriented #BluaFijiAirways

14. Jeri says:

My travel agent friends love Fiji and, especially, the people. I can certainly see why!

15. Joy X says:

Marvelous pictures! #BluaFijiAirways

16. The people sound so friendly and I’d love to experience this first hand! #BluaFijiAirways

17. Lisa says:

Love this! Awesome look at the faces and lives of the people of Fiji, rather than just the amazing beaches.

#BluaFijiAirways

18. Jenni says:

I would KILL to skydive in Fiji! I am reliving your trip when I win :) #BluaFijiAirways

19. Nicole says:

Awesome! You have some wonderful photos. Fiji looks beautiful!

#BluaFijiAirways

20. Katie says:

I love meeting new people and Fiji seems to be bursting at the seams with awesome folks. I’d love to visit!

#BluaFijiAirways

21. Lauren says:

The people truly can make a place! This makes me even more excited about your #BulaFijiAirways giveaway!

22. Raven Petty says:

Look at all those smiling faces! These pics made my day a little better; it was a great break! #BulaFijiAirways

23. Katie Burwell says:

Such amazing pictures, experiences, and people/faces of Fiji. What an opportunity this would be! Would be beyond grateful to experience just a taste of what you have. Thank you! #BulaFijiAirways

24. Nicole says: