It’s no secret that I love a good adventure and and amazing adventure quotes can spark inspiration. I’m always thinking about what I can do to push my limits and step outside of the norm. I may not be a professional athlete or climbing the 7 Summits, but I want to try every extreme adventure I can imagine. Below are my favorite adventure quotes that inspire me to dream less and adventure more.
1. “The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”
― Eleanor Roosevelt
2. “The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.” ― Oprah Winfrey
3. “One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure.” — William Feather
4. “A person should set his goals as early as he can and devote all his energy and talent to getting there. With enough effort, he may achieve it. Or he may find something that is even more rewarding. But in the end, no matter that the outcome, he will know he has been alive.” — Walt Disney
5. “Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.” — T.S Eliot
6. “Follow your bliss, and doors will open for you that you never knew existed. Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls.” – Joseph Campbell
7. “Believe me! The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously!” — Friedrich Nietzsche
8. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” — Mark Twain
9. “I do not want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.” -Diane Ackerman
10. “The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.” -W. M. Lewis
11. “Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.” — Ambrose Redmoon
12. “Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
13. “A ship is safe in harbor, but that’s not what ships are built for.” — John A. Shedd
14. “Don’t die without embracing the daring adventure your life is meant to be.” — Steve Pavlina
15. “Keep trying. Stay humble, Trust your instincts. Most importantly, act. When you come to a fork in the road, take it.” — Yogi Berra
16. “A man does not climb a mountain without bringing some of it away with him, and leaving something of himself upon it.” – Sir Martin Conway
17. “Adventure isn’t hanging on a rope off the side of a mountain. Adventure is an attitude that we must apply to the day to day obstacles of life.” — John Amatt
18. “Why, I’d like nothing better than to achieve some bold adventure, worthy of our trip.” -Aristophanes
19. “I see my path, but I don’t know where it leads. Not knowing where I’m going is what inspires me to travel it.” -Rosalia de Castro
20. ” Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore. ” — Aristophanes
21. “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” — Susan Sontag
22. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a cash advance.” — Anonymous
23. “Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.” — Omar Bradley
24. “One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” – Henry Miller
25. “A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints.” – Wildred Peterson
What adventure quotes am I missing?
4 thoughts on “25 Best Adventure Quotes”
“Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.” — T.S Eliot
I love this quotation. Never come across it before, but I think it’s great. It applies to so many aspects of life in equal measure. Brilliant – thanks for sharing it. 🙂
I absolutely love it! I’m going to add it. It might be my favorite.
Thank you, Katie!
MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAVE A HAPPY & BLESSED NEW YEAR!!!
Great collection of quotes there I would like to add two quotes that have always motivated me.
1) Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a Ride!
~~ Hunter S. Thompson ~~
2) May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds.
~~ Edward Abbey ~~
Merry Christmas and a happy new year. Enjoy another 365 days around the sun